The YouTube Channel has been fun, but we are excited to have you back at Garage Pilates in person for your next lesson. We have missed you! We have re-opened with confidence and commitment to the highest standards of health and safety for Garage Pilates instructors and students.
We have added the following enhanced cleaning, sterilization, and physical distancing procedures to the studio:
- Periodic electrostatic sterilization of the studio space using SteraMist technology. This anti-microbial sterilization process uses an ionized hydrogen peroxide solution (7.8%) to spray down the studio surfaces.
- After each class, a deep clean of all equipment using Fiberlock IAQ2000, an EPA registered hospital- grade virucide and fungicide.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at our entrance and ask that each student uses prior to entering.
- Studio physical distancing: Garage Pilates is a true boutique studio and we already limit our reformer classes to 4 students per class so students receive a safe and effective workout. Our 1000 square foot studio will allow us to space the 4 reformer machines adequately to maintain maximum physical distancing. You will notice a new layout of equipment when you arrive.
- Instructors will maintain physical distancing from class attendees.
- Because of the challenges of daily cleaning we will be discontinuing the use of props indefinitely.
- We have added vinyl coverings to the reformer straps which are far easier to sanitize.
- Modified class times on the schedule to allow for sufficient time between classes to sanitize equipment.
We are asking our clients do the following:
- Book your workout online beforehand, we will have smaller class sizes with limited space available. No walk-ins at this time.
- Arrive on time for your class. Please do not arrive early as we will not be allowing people to enter the studio prior to class. Doors will be locked during class.
- Do not bring food or beverages into the studio.
- Students will be required to wear grip socks during reformer and jump board classes. These are available for purchase at studio.
- We must enforce a strict rule that no one is allowed in the studio space if they are sick or showing symptoms of illness. If you have a fever, persistent sneezing or coughing (even due to seasonal allergies), or sore throat please do not attend class.
Movement is at the core of everything we do, our foundation. Pilates and yoga shape our lives and help us be our best selves. We are incredibly impressed with how everyone easily transitioned into virtual workout sessions and utilized our free Garage Pilates YouTube Channel. We will continue to add valuable content to this channel and offer it to you for free. It is understandable and expected that as the government allows the reopening of studios, individuals will return to their workouts at their own pace, honoring their own comfort level and timeline. Please continue to communicate with us, let us know what your needs are and how we can help meet them.